Another Engine

 Latest addition to the roster is this neat little 0-4-0.


It came lettered for Pennsylvania, with the number 1. I sanded off the road name with 1000 grit sandpaper and gave it a quick spray of black. I already have an engine 1, so the number had to go as well. I forgot about the round number plate on the front of the smokebox.

I bought this one in anticipation of building a smaller layout -- probably 24 x 36 -- the Christmas display that my wife proposed last fall, which led to me to build the Frazier Borate layout.

(Later note) I've decided to call this Frazier Borate #1; the other Porter is L&SE #1. I am thinking about giving it an auxiliary tender from Cumberland Shops -- see photo below from their web site. I will probably also paint the window sash brown instead of red, which seems a little too garish for an industrial railroad.



Comments