Finishing Frazier Mine

This weekend I'm working on details for the Frazier Borate Co. Bitter Creek Mine.

First, I added a stone footing to the front of the ore bin. The front sill was kind of floating on the hillside. Now it looks more grounded, so to speak.

Next, I added the mine car track. I used Atlas Code 55 N scale track, removed every other tie, tacked it down and ballasted it. I'm hoping the diluted white glue I used on the ballast will hold the track in place. We'll see when I remove the pins tomorrow.


I need to add a foundation for the mine office, add steps to the landing, and a few other details.


One other idea is to put a vertical mine shaft on the top of the mountain, aligned with the adit on the hillside below, with a head frame and cable descending from it. If you look at the overhead view photo, it would be about where the pine tree is. I'm not sure there's room, but maybe. It would certainly look dramatic.

Comments