Getting in the Christmas Spirit 9: Added Details

What with the holidays, and a bout of Covid, then going back to work, I haven't done much model railroading the last few weeks, but as time permits, I've been fitting in a few small additions to the holiday layout.

One of these was a carved foam retaining wall on the back side of the layout:

Not a whole lot to say about this -- I used my usual carving technique, with a Clever Models stone texture as a pattern, glued it it place, and disguised the cracks with snow goop. I'm a bit unhappy with the very hard edge between foam layers near the center of this picture. I should probably do back and do some carving and filling, then touch up the paint.

I still want to do tunnel portals, add more trees, and at some point replace the cabin, possibly with the BTS Greely's Place kit, which has the kind of ramshackle feel I'm looking for. But I'm not sure how soon any of that is going to happen. Maybe not until fall, or if an occasion arises to display this publicly.

Comments