New to the Collection

The latest addition to the L&SE roster -- not that I really needed another locomotive -- is this inside frame 4-4-0. She sure is pretty. Not even test run yet, as I disconnected the DCC EX unit from the Frazier Borate and moved it aside while I reorganized my garage. I'm anxious to get the power reconnected so I can give her a spin.

Some sources say these will work on 12 inch curves. We'll see. If not, that's all the more reason to build at least a slightly larger layout.

If I continue my previous numbering system, she'll be #19.

Others have noted that these locos look small with Bachmann passenger cars, but good with Mount Blue shorty cars. Sounds like a good reason to add a couple more Mount Blue cars to the roster.

I just noticed that the "brass" cap on the front of the cylinder is missing. I don't see the part in the box. So that's a bummer. I'll have to see what I can come up with to replace it.

9/10/24: Got my MRC DC pack hooked up to the Frazier Borate, and #19 runs great. It negotiates the 12 inch radius curves just fine, doesn't look stupidly large, and matches up nicely with the Mount Blue cars. 

I ordered four pairs of Athearn H.O. passenger trucks (they're getting harder to find, so I figured I'd stock up). I'll probably order a coach and an observation car from Mount Blue next week. I'm still debating whether to paint them Pullman green or D&S gold.



Comments